Moving Water Glass Science or Paranormal?

Posted on May 8, 2011

I haven’t much believed in the paranormal world (though I loved to study all aspects about it) until last summer. 90% of the time I heard a paranormal story it was frightening. The other 10% I heard were like mine, nothing serious happened.

It was the night before I went to Ireland for my summer vacation and my mom had recently lost a good friend of hers. My mom and her boyfriend wanted to give me a going away dinner. I had the choice between Don Pablo’s or steak bought from the store and cooked at home.

I love Mexican Food! So I chose Don Pablo’s (which is a Mexican Restaurant). I went there. My mom ordered a diet coke to drink, her boyfriend ordered a water with lemon. I decided on a Virgin Mango Daiquiri and a water with lemon.

A little while later, the drinks come and we got our food. Next my mom’s boyfriend finished his water as I was finished my daiquiri (I don’t know if this makes any difference or not but I was half way done my food).

When we first walked into the restaurant I noticed it was warm but that was to be expected in the middle of summer here.

After I finished the daiquiri I noticed that the temperature had dropped which was unusual so I commented about it. And my mom’s boyfriend said that it was because of my daiquiri and how cold it was. But I drink them all the time and it has never once, not even the first time I drank one, been that cold. So I just agreed with him, and thought it seemed a bit odd but I didn’t say anything else.

Within five seconds of what he said, the empty water glass that he had drank from moved half way across the table towards me. We sat in silence for a minute or so, and then he asked me if it was any warmer. I waited, because I was so amazed I didn’t even noticed that the temperature changed to normal again. And I nodded my head yes.

My mom, stepfather, myself and another woman from a different table noticed the glass move. The woman was around 26. My stepfather had his back to the woman. He tried to get the glass to mimic what it had just done. The girl still watched and now was laughing. So my mom spoke up and said “Honey, you should stop because a girl is watching you and laughing.” So we left the glass alone.

We all decided it must have been a ghost.

About 45% of people I tell think it was science. The other 55% think it was paranormal. I am not here to tell you it was paranormal or that it wasn’t. I’m just here to tell you what I witnessed and from what you heard, decide whether it was, Science or Paranormal?

Sent in by Luckie, Copyright 2011 TrueGhostTales.com




More Ghost Stories and the Paranormal

Image of Coast To Coast Ghosts: True Stories of Hauntings Across America

Coast To Coast Ghosts: True Stories of Hauntings Across America

Image of Wait Till Helen Comes: A Ghost Story

Wait Till Helen Comes: A Ghost Story

Image of The Ghost Next Door: True Stories of Paranormal Encounters from Everyday People

The Ghost Next Door: True Stories of Paranormal Encounters from Everyday People

Image of The Oxford Book of Victorian Ghost Stories

The Oxford Book of Victorian Ghost Stories

Image of Classic Ghost Stories: Eighteen Spine-Chilling Tales of Terror and the Supernatural

Classic Ghost Stories: Eighteen Spine-Chilling Tales of Terror and the Supernatural

Image of The Best Ghost Stories Ever (Scholastic Classics)

The Best Ghost Stories Ever (Scholastic Classics)

Image of The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories

The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories

Image of This House: The True Story of a Girl and a Ghost

This House: The True Story of a Girl and a Ghost




Do you like to talk about the paranormal world?

Check out our paranormal forum at www.TalkParanormal.com

Comments

3 Responses to “Moving Water Glass Science or Paranormal?”
  1. Sandy says:

    I would like to know if there was a table cloth on the table. Sometimes, if a glass is wet and we put it on a slick surface, it will kind of slide on its own…like a car fishtailing on water accumulated on a road. You did mention that it was very warm there, so the glass would be more apt to sweat. I’m not doubting your story, only trying to look at all explanations.

    • Luckie says:

      I’m sorry Sandy. No there was no table cloth. Like I said I am not trying to say it was or wasn’t paranormal. I am only telling you the facts. Up to you and the rest of the readers to decide that.

  2. colleen says:

    Theres alwaya a 50/50 chance. I’ve had alot of paranormal happenings in my life but, in my opinion this was just science. Haven’t you heard about glasses that can move when theres water on the bottom????????? You also left out the possibility that someone turned on the a/c along with your daquerie. The temp. felt like it came back to normal because your heart rate went up….

Cool Movies

Image of Tangled

Tangled

Image of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1

Image of Megamind (Single-Disc Edition)

Megamind (Single-Disc Edition)

Image of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [Blu-ray]

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [Blu-ray]







Popular Pages