I have this story posted on another website also. I’ll share some others, too, so look for them on this site. I love this site…
This happened about 9 years ago in Scotland, Texas. My daughter was three and my son was five. The day we moved in to this house one of my kids’ electronic learning toys kept turning on. I was busy bringing things in and out of the house and kind of just ignored it.
We got settled in and it wasn’t long before everything started happening. The trash can was next to the stove. I would often hear a scratching around it, like a mouse, but I would never see one. When I would put groceries up in the fridge I would turn around and the freezer would be open. You really had to tug on that freezer so it couldn’t have just come open by accident. I even had friends test it. I guess whatever it was opening it was just trying to help. I also saw a gum wrapper jump from one plate to another.
The scary part happened one day when I put my kids down for a nap. Their room was trashed so I put them in my room so I could clean theirs. I was finishing up the dishes before cleaning their room when I heard a toy watch that we got in a Happy Meal go off. It was a watch featuring Chucky from the cartoon Rugrats saying “You’re not too brave!” I looked around their room thinking something must be pressing on it to make it go off. I couldn’t find it. I waited in the room for a few moments hoping it would go off then I could locate it. Nothing. This happened several times.
I’d get back to the kitchen and would hear Chucky yelling at me “You’re not too brave!” The last time I went to look for it I saw that bright orange watch hanging on the doorknob. I don’t know how I could have missed it all the times before.
I went back to my kitchen duties and soon heard my son’s toy laptop go into it’s introduction. “Hello! Welcome to (I forget the name of the company). Please choose a game!” You could turn this thing off by closing it or pushing a button. I just pushed the button because one of the corners was kinda melted from being left in the car. I went back to the kitchen… It introduced itself again.� I turned it off again. This happened a couple times until it chose a spelling game on it’s own. The computer asked the player to spell a word (I don’t remember what word) and I heard “G-R-N-T”.� It said “I’m sorry. That is incorrect. Please try again.” This time it spelled “F-U-R-H”. I took the batteries out and burned it in the burn pile. Forgive me for the hole I contributed to the ozone. Within 10 minutes my daughter woke up telling me about a black shadow man coming from her pillow and tickling her on the chest.� His name was Grant.
Written by Denise, Copyright 2009 TrueGhostTales.com